Well, I haven’t posted on this in a year I think.
Mainly because I’ve been so busy with my high school troupe the whole year.
To recap my year:
Thespian President of Troupe 6162
Hosted Both Days of Individual Events for District 8 at our high school.
- made the schedule of all the door holders, timers, and extraneous positions.
- performed in the large group “Money” from Cabaret (Superior)
- performed in a duet scene from Fool for Love by Sam Shepard (Superior)
- performed in ensemble scene from Lysistrata (Excellent [put together in less than a week]
- Stage Managed closing ceremony.
Stage Managed Battle of the Bands
Stage Managed our Original One Act “J.F. Caesar” we performed it at District 8’s One Act festival on Thursday, we got Superior and we chosen to take our One Act to The Florida State Thespian Festival.
For Little Shop of Horrors did Lighting Design, Sound Design (with my friend Rashaud), and Set Painting (with a bunch of other people, mainly Rashaud and Alexa)
Went to Florida State Thespian Festival
- Stage Managed our original One Act “J.F. Caesar”
(part of a costume was left at our high school, so I had to make an undergarment for one actor who wore a chiton while walking to the performance space for load in at 6am. All I had to make said undergarment were of two of my sponsor’s T-shirts and safety pins. I made it work.)
Then a nut from the set fell of towards the beginning of the show.
We were disqualified by going over for less than a minute.
We still got Superior
We were un-disqualified because another troupe went over by way more and an exception had been made for them.
- Performed in large group “Money” From Cabaret (Superior)
- Replaced a girl who was in ensemble scene from The Crucible (Superior)
Was Florence in The Odd Couple- Female Version
Was Irena Synkova in our Senior Showcase I Never Saw Another Butterfly
And during all of that, I was doing tech. (usually lighting) for random small shows and events, and helping with tech. for Pep Rallies.
Wow. Looking back at all of that, this past year was kind of crazy. It was a lot lighter in terms of Stage Managing, considering in my two previous years I managed at least 4 shows a year and this year I only did one show, but this year was hectic in many other ways. Overall though, I think it was a really great Senior Year.
And now I’m off to North Carolina School of the Arts for Stage Management! I’m so excited!!!